Updated: July 23rd, 2020
To all our patients, customers and the wider community,
We, like you, are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 and are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of our staff, customers and patients.⠀
Currently, our clinical services and distribution business is operating as usual with extra precautions being implemented across the Melbourne Metropolitan region.
Rest assured we are closely following all directives in accordance to the World Health Organisation, State and Federal Governments and will continue to post current updates on this page.
For the latest information about the Coronavirus [COVID–19], please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website, or call the Government’s dedicated Coronavirus helpline on 1800 020 080.
Currently, our prosthetic and orthotic clinics and services to hospitals are still operational in adherence to State and Federal Guidelines.
We take the health and well-being of our patients and staff very seriously and have implemented a number of actions to ensure we’re maintaining a clean and safe environment for everyone involved.
Booking an Appointment
- Appointments are still available and these can be done by calling your local clinic number listed here. Please note you will be required to answer a series of questions when booking your appointment to ensure you are able to attend.
Attending an Appointment
- Please reschedule your appointment if any of the below are applicable to you:
- You have been tested or been in contact with someone who has been tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days and is awaiting a result
- You have been in contact with someone who’s tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- You are displaying any symptoms of being unwell including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- When attending appointments please ensure you adhere to the social distancing guidelines where possible and remain 1.5 metres away from others. To assist us in this area you can remain in your car until your allotted appointment time.
- We ask that where possible, please attend your appointments on your own. If necessary, please limit to only one other/carer and avoid bringing children where possible.
- Please wash your hands before and after your appointment. Hand sanitiser will also be readily available for you to use throughout our clinics. When using handrails, walking frames and standing frames we will supply you with gloves for the duration of your appointment.
- It is now a requirement for all patients to wear a face mask when attending an appointment at our Melbourne Metropolitan clinics.
- On arrival, please note you will be temperature tested by a member of our staff to ensure you do not show any signs of fever.
What We’re Doing to Help
- We have increased sanitisation procedures to ensure we are providing a clean and healthy environment. This includes regular cleaning of counters, door handles, bench tops, seating and other areas throughout the clinic.
- We have made hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser available for all of our staff and patients.
- Our staff are fully informed of the current guidelines and procedure surrounding our provision of care and are taking extra measures at work to mitigate the risk of infection.
- Please note, we have increased the amount of time between patient appointments across our Melbourne Metropolitan clinics. This is to further ensure adequate social distancing can be maintained and thorough cleaning and sterilisation can be conducted.
Telehealth appointments can be arranged for initial assessments, plan reviews and other general reviews. If you would prefer to arrange a virtual telehealth appointment, please contact your local clinic to arrange a booking. Once contacted, a clinician will review your request in accordance with the AOPA ‘Service Delivery Risk Analysis’ Guidelines.
Regional Outreach Clinics
Due to travel restrictions in place across a number of states, we are currently experiencing disruptions to our network of outreach clinics. For information on current hours and appointment availability, please call us on 1300 866 275.
To ensure we can maintain our ability to get your orders out the door, our warehouse is operating as normal. Office hours remain 8:30 to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday) and our Customer Service team is still contactable via phone on 1300 866 275 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, Australia Post and Startrack are experiencing delivery delays due to a high volume of parcels across their network. Please note, there are also changes to how drivers can interact with you including no longer requiring a signature on delivery. More information on these changes and delays is available via the Australia Post website
Product Unavailability - Infection Control
May 13th: 500ml hand sanitiser and various face masks are now available for purchase.
Demand for infection control and personal protective equipment (PPE) products (including hand sanitiser, masks and disinfectant) has reached an unprecedented level and we are working closely with our suppliers to source these products. We ask for your patience as we try to fulfil current backorders which are a priority.
We have currently removed the ability to order a number of products online as we experience significant delays from manufacturers. We are also enforcing maximum order quantities to ensure we can cater for as many customers as possible. As such, we will not be accepting the return of these infection control products.
At this stage, we do not have any further issues with our ability to supply you, but with borders and countries shutting down frequently we do envisage further supply chain problems in the immediate future and will update this page accordingly to keep you informed.
We thank you for your ongoing support of our business and hope you are all staying safe in these uncertain times. Please, take care of your friends and families, keep your social distance and ensure you are practicing daily hygiene. We look forward to seeing this through together.
The oapl Team