RehaGait Mobile Gait Analysis Technology
Oapl Introduces the RehaGait Analyzer - Part 1
We are excited to introduce the new RehaGait Mobile Gait Analysis System to our customers in Australia and New Zealand. RehaGait is a completely portable system that takes minutes to set up. In just moments, you can record, measure, analyse and report on one’s gait patterns which makes it ideal for clinical analysis on the go.
Objective results, combined with integrated video capture function allows you to monitor the patient's condition, determine problem areas, assess the gait quality and identify asymmetries in the lower limbs.
Advantages of RehaGait:
- Intuitive handling
- Mobile use
- Objective data
- Results and course of the therapy are shown graphically
- No need for a gait lab, you can use it outside or on a treadmill
- Give the patient complete freedom of movement
How the system works
Software comes pre-programmed on the included Windows tablet on purchase, this incredibly intuitive system allows you to perform the recordings quickly and easily and view the gait patterns on the tablet. All the most common functions are presented in an easy to navigate left-hand menu rather than buried in multiple complex menus. A custom report can be generated within 10 minutes of your subject walking through the door!
The RehaGait Analyzer is equipped with 7 inertial sensors, which record spatio-temporal specific parameters during walking and running. The accuracy is clinically valid according to the gold standard and has been published several times in scientific studies (Schwesig et al., 2010, Donath et al., 2016).
The motion sensors are attached at 7 points; around the waist, above the knees, above the ankles and on the proximal, lateral aspect of the foot or shoe.
The motion sensors connect via Bluetooth to the tablet software and can be read from up to 20m away.
These sensors utilise the inertia of the mass to detect movement changes. The inertial sensors consist of a three-axis accelerometer for recording the linear acceleration, a three-axis gyroscope for recording the angular velocity and a three-axis magnetometer for recording the earth's magnetic field.
What data will I receive after a 10 step cycle?
The analysis of the therapy progression may take some seconds depending on the number of measurement since the measurements are recalculated. After a successful analysis, you will find the flow charts sorted by parameter group. The course of parameters is shown as score model. The recorded value is compared with a maximum of 1.0 to the reference value median of the corresponding parameter. The individual measurement sessions are indicated on the horizontal scale and the corresponding score points are linked to a regression line. Thus, increasing straight lines between the measurement session points show an improvement of the parameter. The selection box allows you to use predefined groups to select gait parameters. The following parameter groups are available here:
The kinematics of the individual steps are displayed for such parameters as foot height, ground clearance, circumduction, velocity and acceleration. The representation of the left side is displayed in blue and for the right side in red. The mean value band (brightened hue of the respective side) represents the respective minimum and maximum of each step, the line representing the corresponding mean value. With the right selection box, you can also display the individual steps next to each other. A grey band in the background represents a reference range that is calculated for each percent in the gait cycle from the respective 5th to 95th percentile of a healthy reference group.
Comparison, a Means of Justification
RehaGait analysis software uses a database for patient management and storage of measurements and analysis results. In this way, the user has at any time access to older measurements in order to compare them to each other or to present and evaluate the therapy progress parameters.
Efficiently compare a patient without the device, then with a device or vice versa. Show your patient before and after videos of them walking with different devices and compare which device creates the most aesthetic gait pattern versus the most functional gait pattern.
Reporting Back to a Referrer
The system gives the practitioner the ability to export information and send to referrers or other practitioners working in a multidisciplinary sense. To report your results, you can create and print a report. The report is created for the analysed measurement of the selected patient. If you have analysed two measurements for a comparison, both measurements are shown in the report.
- Validity and reliability of a portable gait analysis system for measuring spatiotemporal gait characteristics: comparison to an instrumented treadmil. Schwesig R., Leuchte S., Fischer D., Ullmann R., Kluttig A. Gait & Posture 33 (2011), Issue 4, 673–678, Elsevier 2011. Donath L., Faude O., Lichtenstein E., Nüesch C., Mündermann A. J Neuroeng Rehabil. 2016 Jan 20;13:6. doi: 10.1186/s12984-016-0115-z
- Spatiotemporal gait parameters during dual task walking in need of care elderly and young adults. A cross-sectional study. Agner S., Bernet J., Brülhart Y., Radlinger L., Rogan S. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2015 Dec;48(8):740-6. doi: 10.1007/s00391-015-0884-1. Epub 2015 Apr 16
- Amplitude-oriented exercise in Parkinson‘s disease: a randomized study comparing LSVT-BIG and a short training protocol. Ebersbach G., Grust U., Ebersbach A., Wegner B., Gandor F., Kühn AA J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2015 Feb;122(2):253-6. doi: 10.1007/s00702-014-1245-8. Epub 2014 May 29
- Inertial sensor based reference gait data for healthy subjects. Schwesig R., Leuchte S., Fischer D., Ullmann R., Kluttig A. Gait & Posture 33 (2011), Issue 4, 673–678, Elsevier 2011
For more information, technical specifications, demonstrations and costs:
Please call Lainie Plummer at oapl on 0413 629 464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a time in your area.
Check back in on Friday the 17th for a video on how to apply and use the RehaGait Analyzer in a clinical setting.